Monday Maci woke up with nausea and stomach pains so I figured it was stomach virus so I gave her some Zofran. The whole day she stayed in bed. That night she was up with horrible stomach pains and throwing up. She wouldn't eat and had not ate since Saturday night so I knew I needed to do something or she would dehydrate so Tuesday morning I took her to the doctor and by the time I got there she was bent over in tears. They got us in quickly and as soon as the Dr walked in she knew it was Appendix and said lets start IV and get test ordered and ran because she is going to have emergency surgery. WHAT? Wait I just came in for stomach virus..Surgery? How so you know if you havent even took her vitals only felt her stomach? I was flipping out. The next thing I know they couldnt get and IV due to her being dehydrated and brought multiple people in and finally someone got it in and also took blood 5 minutes later the doctor came in and said call you husband and tell him to meet yal at the hospital because the ambulance is on the way to take her there. Then again I flipped even more! He was already on his way to the dr so he got to dr and followed us there. Soon as we got to hospital they did a CT scan. The next thing I know we are meeting with surgeon and signing the papers. That days was the longest day ever but fast at the same time. I think I am still in shock of what all just happened. So after that and running on hospital sleep I will be out of the blogging loop for about a week or so. Maci is doing great and cant believe how good she is doing. We are trying to make up a whole week of school work, housework, and laundry all while Maci is trying to heel.
Thanks for the prayers and well wishes I received on twitter!!! Means alot to me!
In recovery after the craziest days I think we have ever had.

So glad that she is doing well! Best wishes for the rest of the recovery!
ReplyDeleteAn appendix rupture is no joke. I'm so glad she got to the hospital in plenty of time & is recovering. That poor girl. I've heard from friends & family just how painful it is. And I can't even imagine how terrified you & Nick were. What a tough few days for the Herringtons! She is certainly in our prayers for a speedy recovery and we send her love & big hugs :)
ReplyDeleteI am so glad Maci is doing better.
ReplyDeletePoor girl! She's a tough one! Glad she is doing better & I hope things are starting to slow down a little for y'all!
ReplyDeleteOh sweetheart! I am in tears. My heart is breaking knowing you had to go through that especially because I was just going through something similar with Connor. I wish I would have known during the time so I could have prayed but the Lord was with you! I am so glad Maci is doing much better. Will continue to pray for a fast recovery!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness! I can't believe I am just now reading this! I am behind! Hope that Maci is doing well! I hope that you've been able to stay sane through the whole thing! Lord knows my tail would be a a complete hotmess! Thinking of yall!
ReplyDelete