Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Weekend

We woke up Thursday morning at 6am {way to flipping early if you are like me and not a morning person} got dressed and headed out to the arena to prepare for the clinic. While feeding and watering Bentley we noticed the sky was awful looking but I'm not a weather checker and weather doesn't bother me. All of a sudden it started pouring down rain and then all hail hit. Luckily we had a weather freak in our group so she informed us we were under a Tornado watch until mid morning. After about 30 minutes of serve weather it finally cleared up and the sky looked like this for most of the day. 

All weather aside the clinic must go on. Maci had alot of fun and learned alot.
8-11 they rode in the arena and worked on drills.
11-12 Lunch
12-2  Class
2-5 rode in arena and worked on more drills
The key points in clinic:
horse nutrition
how to have and keep a happy horse
balance in the saddle
lead changes
how to correct a lead in you are in the wrong one
360s and how to correctly do one
bits, which bit is right for your horse
the proper way to be seated and posture while trotting and cantering



The Farmer cam Thursday he got rained out of the field. Maci was happy to see her daddy. I managed to slip away for a few hours Friday and found a nice little shopping area in Flowood instead of going all the way back to Ridgland.

My Mother in Law and I had lunch at the Corner Bakery and it was really good. The weather was breezy and we sat outside and enjoyed it.

I didn't get a whole lot of time as I planned to spend in Sephora but did manage to pick up a few things. Since this post is lengthy I will post on my Sephora trip in another post.

We had a good time and got back around 8pm Saturday night. We were so tired that believe it or not I didn't take any Easter pictures. I hate that but all that crossed my mind was when I get home I'm going to take a nap even though I have all the unloading I needed to do. I still cant believe I didn't take a single one..crazy since I am an obsessed picture taker.
Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter!

7 comments:

  1. That clinic sounds like fun! I just saw on Friday where Lexie's stable she rides at is hosting a clinic, but I think it's too advanced for her level right now. But I know she'll be excited when she is ready for things like that!

    I can't wait to see what you got from Sephora! I think I'm going to go and have them do a product consultation for me. I've been wanting to try Smashbox cosmetics, but I'm horrible at choosing colors, so hopefully they can help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad Maci had fun at the clinic! I can't wait to see your grabs from Sephora! Happy (belated) Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your trip worked out for you and Maci! It's okay to not take pictures. Sometimes the photographer needs a break too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey just two minutes inside sephora and I can rack up a rather large bill:) Glad you had a great easter weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well praise God y'all missed the tornado. That had to be frightening! Congrats to beautiful Maci!! I hope y'all had a terrific Easter together :) Can't wait to hear all about your Sephora haul!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing experience for your daughter to go to! And awesome that you made it a whole family affair :) How great that she's learning to appreciate and take care of animals at a young age-how proud you must be :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That shopping center is nice. I stopped on my way back from Mardi Gras for a bit. I am glad y'all had a fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time and stopping by, I love reading all your sweet comments they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...