Sunday, December 2, 2012

Holy COW

This is not for the weak stomach what so ever so if you are squeamish this isn't for you.
This time of year our baby calves start hitting the ground on the H5 Ranch. Thanksgiving morning we get up and doing our daily cow check and this is what we came across so since I had my camera I thought this would be a good time to document the whole process. And as you know since I had my camera Bonnie  just had to give birth in the junkie spot of the pasture. So please excuse the Redneck Chicken coop in the background.  The Farmer doesn't haul stuff off it goes strait to the junk spot in the pasture and now look Ive got this beautiful moment of bringing a new life in with an ugly background.
Bonnie pushing and cows come out front feet first as you can see
 
and the head is out
 
now we are getting somewhere
 
almost there ....Just a swinging is what first comes to my mind
 
licking her baby clean


                                             and that is how a baby calf is born
Yes my child did go to school and tell the whole class about and yes I did get a phone call.
                                               little to graphic for pre-k


Totally way off the subject but I need a really good book and since Ive already read 50shades like 3 times I need something new. Any suggestions I like all kinds of books my ADD doesnt allow me to stick with one certain type
Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. Awww.....brings me back to the days of hanging out on my uncle's farm :)

    Books to read: anything by Karen Rose (she's suspense, drama, mystery & romance all rolled into one)

    Jill Shalvis: romantic comedy, heavy on the comedy.

    Laura Griffin: suspense, crime novels, a little bit of romance for good measure.

    Brenda Novak: similar to Karen Rose.

    I could go all day w/ book suggestions. If you're looking for something SIMILAR to Shades of Gray, I've *heard* the Crossfire series by Sylvia Day are better written books than SOG.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is amazing. Have you read the Stephanie Plum series or the In Death series? I enjoy both of those and there are a lot in each.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is crazy! I have never got to experience that before even through pictures! so glad you posted that

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww man, you didn't put any pictures of the afterbirth, or the mama cow eating the afterbirth! Now THAT would have been gross!!!! I read the Crossfire Series, and it's good. Only 2 of the 3 books are out now. They're more well-written than 50 Shades. You should read Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I grew up on our farm I use to go to school and tell similar stories that were also a 'little to graphic' haha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awe! I miss living on a farm! These were magical moments as a kid! For me it was anyway! Poor Mauri! I know she was so excited to tell everyone about it! If you like 50 Shades, there is a book about Marilyn Monroe's diaries I heard was pretty exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww!!! I've only ever seen a horse have a baby, not a cow! Thanks for sharing :) I loved the IG pics of the new babies you posted.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! I grew up on a farm - so it's definitely something I miss being able to see!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy Cow! ;-)

    Did your read The Help, or Water for Elephants?

    Brooke =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time and stopping by, I love reading all your sweet comments they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...