Friday, February 3, 2012

One alive on the H5

On our daily cow check we found this little precious thing.
This is our first calf from our other bull aka Woody {Rhett named him,can you tell he loves Toy Story}
Sorry for the bad pictures but all I had was my iPhone. Didn't expect it.
I am so in love with him and he is the sweetest thing. He is so gentle and curios usually they are a little timid and the Momma isn't going to having that but not the case this time. He is so gentle I am thinking about going ahead and start working with him so in time he can be the kids show cow. 4H here we come. I always loved 4H. I think when they took out God and 4H out of school that's when our kids got bored and ventured on to try adventurous things. Some schools no longer has 4H OCS is one of them. Such a shame!!!
Momma and baby boy is doing great and the milk is plentiful and calf is sucking so that is an A+.
I think this is by far the prettiest calf we have ever had. Our bull is black and white so we were surprised when it was red. the kids are in heaven playing with the newest member to the H5 Ranch family. We are in the process of naming him so if you have any suggestions.
Only bad thing about living on a farm is when we have a calf and the kids holler at their daddy to check and see for balls or no balls. What happened to girl or boy? I have to correct this...kids please don't go to school and tell your teacher your Daddy had to lift the cows legs to look for balls. Needless to say I went to my trusty Amazon and ordered:
and
Hopefully this will help better than me repeating myself and wasting my breathe.

Hope you have a Blessed Weekend and a look at another Gods creations

6 comments:

  1. That is the sweetest thing! I love cows, and he is just precious!

    Allyson
    http://cupcakescandycanes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!!
    That would SO be something my kids would ask!

    And you know what I need to look at these books my girls are like boys. I don't get it...
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, he's so stinkin' cute!! I've said this a thousand times, but it bears repeating: you have the coolest life!! I would give my right arm to see a calf being born or experience life on a ranch. How amazing! And that sunset is absolutely gorgeous. That's one of many sweet gifts God gives us - no matter where we are in the world we can see His sun set.

    Have a terrific weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL Oh my goodnes, sorry but kind of funny:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. great pictures and yeah for the new baby in the fam:) Hope you had a fabulous weekend and a great SB day with lots of yummy food!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time and stopping by, I love reading all your sweet comments they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...