Our traditions:
Saturday before Christmas: we always have my Grandparents and celebrate over there for lunch then we head over to my other grandparents that evening to do the same.Christmas Eve Morning: we bake cookies for Santa
and decorate them then cook up all kinds of appetizers for the next day and get a head start on what can be done ahead of time. We also get my fine china out and wash the dust off because on Christmas morning is the only time it gets used. Then we go to my parents for late lunch and have Christmas there then we head to Farmers parents for evening and have Christmas there. After we get home we will open the presents from each other and set out Santas Cookies and Dr. Pepper or Coke because Santa must be tired of drinking milk. HaHa ( Copacetic In Carolina ) always has the best appetizers
Christmas Morning: We get up and pop the pre-made breakfast casseroles in the oven, then first do stockings then open up all of Santas presents.
While the breakfast is being prepared we assemble what needs to be assembled and put batteries in everything and do a little cleaning up paper mess and opened boxes. I love using my china at Christmas even though it is only breakfast but it is fun and pretty and needs to be used so why not. Christmas is a special occasion right!
After breakfast I clean up the kitchen while the farmer and kids finish getting the the goodies together and opened.
That afternoon we go to Farmers Mamaws and have Christmas there. Then home to relax and usually we will watch a movie that night.
I usually don't go shopping the day after Thanksgiving because I'm not a crowd lover I would rather get my mom to pick it up or eBay it or buy online. But this year Maci is getting to the age to where she can keep up and I remember going with my mom every year until the last few years and it was alot of fun so I'm thinking it would be fun to do this year and bring her along.
Will you be one of the Black Friday shoppers?
What is your traditions or some you would like to start?
Childhood Traditions?
Do you still do your childhood traditions til this day?





Your traditions sound a whole like mine. Sausage balls in the morning, then stockings then piles and piles of christmas presents then more food, then nap then more food! LOL! Love those pictures
ReplyDeleteI was really excited for Thanksgiving until I read this! Now I can't wait for Christmas. Your cookies are gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteWell first, thanks for the lovely shout out & link sweet friend :) What a great surprise - you made my day!
ReplyDeleteYou must be flat out exhausted the day after Christmas. Y'all are so busy, but the best kind of busy. And I love that you use your fine china on Christmas! That's the perfect time to enjoy it :)
Jessica, what can I say we love our food and sausage balls are my fave!
ReplyDeleteAllison, these are not my pictures I found them off of pinterest. I only wish I could make cookies like that. LOL
Ally, yes we are exhausted but like you said in a good way. I just wish I had the energy the kids have they seem to get more and more and I get less and less. HaHa
I'm getting excited about Christmas too, and I love hearing about others' traditions. I'm looking forward to starting our own family traditions when we start a family--those memories are the best! Thanks for the great ideas!
ReplyDeleteHi there visiting from SWW with Daphne ... WOW you have a full schedule around Christmas... Christmas is my favourite holiday , too!!!
ReplyDeleteThis year at the HHL home we our starting a Boxing Day Brunch ~ for family, friends and extended family ... can't wait ...
Girl , get that china out more often! every day is a special day!! Blessings, HHL
ATTEATUDEandChocolate.blogspot.com
Falling Off A High Heeled Life
attitudeIVLife.blogspot.com
Your holiday traditions are so much like mine....right down to the breakfast casserole! I love our family traditions. So glad to know about yours!
ReplyDeleteI'm stopping by from FF&P's SWW. You can see some of my Thanksgiving Traditions on Lulu and Daisy