We are a huge reward system fan around this house and if you put in the hard work and
honest effort you will be rewarded of some kind depending on the task. We are biggest reward you can earn is when it comes to grades. We try to go all out to let them know how proud of their hard work and dedication. So far it has worked and Maci has done an amazing job with her grades and we couldn't be prouder simply because we know how hard she has worked. Mauri got her first report card and she did terrific too. Right now we are 2 very proud parents.
honest effort you will be rewarded of some kind depending on the task. We are biggest reward you can earn is when it comes to grades. We try to go all out to let them know how proud of their hard work and dedication. So far it has worked and Maci has done an amazing job with her grades and we couldn't be prouder simply because we know how hard she has worked. Mauri got her first report card and she did terrific too. Right now we are 2 very proud parents.
Although here lately my lil punks have been wanting some really outrageous rewards.
Maci: Coach Purse & Cell Phone
Mauri: Flip Camera & Trip to Disney World
Rhett: Disney Vacay & the whole John Deere store Toys
No No and No! What they fail to realize that is back in the old days when Mommy & Daddy were kids we got maybe 5 bucks for report card and rewards if any some times it was no because that was what I was supposed to be doing. Where did an Icee or SnoCone go? As guess as they get older their wants get bigger, but they dont seem to realize as the get bigger my wallet gets smaller. HaHa
Don't they realize Christmas is right around the corner?
I was on my one of my favorite sites Pinterest I came across this:
Random rewards of things they can do rather than "things" for rewards
Wow why haven't I ever thought of this?
What a great solution!
I can let them each choose things to do:
Family Game night..they pick game
Movie night they pick movie
Mommy do 1 of their chores for a day
and we can think of many more
What are some of your ideas?
Did Tebow pull it off or what? So proud!!! Now start him every time, we would much rather watch him :)
Did Tebow pull it off or what? So proud!!! Now start him every time, we would much rather watch him :)


What a fun idea....
ReplyDelete-Dinner of their choice
-Mommy make their bed one morning
-Breakfast in bed :)
I saw that on pinterest too (probably from you haha) and thought it was a brilliant idea! You get to control the types of rewards, and yet it still a surprise to the kids. Keeping it out on a counter is also a visible, constant motivator to do their very best and earn a reward. Cool idea!
ReplyDeleteAnd I feel 'ya - when I was a kid we got a dollar for every A. And i thought that was high living, haha!!
Love this idea, will try for sure. thanks, gal!
ReplyDeleteThis is a great idea! I don't have kids yet, but maybe I can find a way to make this work in my classroom!
ReplyDeleteThat is a terrific idea. I have to stash this idea away somewhere, somehow for when grant and connor are older because I am sure we will be in the same boat as you are. I am proud of them too though on their grades. That is a huge accomplishment as children and as their parents
ReplyDelete