Thursday, January 7, 2016

Date night at home

My mom had the kids and Nick and I didn't want to get out and about. We just wanted to stay in and have a relaxing night at home. There has been a recipe I have wanted to try and thought why not try it at home since Nick is an awesome steak maker. He makes the steaks and I can whip up the sauce.

Here we go:
pioneer woman's rib eye steak with whiskey cream sauce

I started on the sauce while putting on some music and just being silly with my man.

 Its a must that you fix a "drank" before beginning



 
When Nick does his steaks inside they are my favorite but we have to open the windows and turn the venter hood on high. I love love love a blackened steak on the outside and medium on the inside. Something about a charred steak on the outside just gets me every time. See the smoke 

 
I put my own spin on move being I love caramelized onions I decided to top the steak off with them and it was perfect-o!!! I will make this again over and over.


We had so much fun spending time in the kitchen together. It was much needed and even added a new recipe to the rotation
Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time and stopping by, I love reading all your sweet comments they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...