Friday, August 19, 2011

Bentley's Last Rodeo....

Well folks it is official...Bentley is retired. He put up a good fight and remained strong and willing every step of the way but Gods plan for him was to retire and become a pasture ornament.

Bentley is my oldest daughters barrel horse and this horse and her had a bond from they moment they met.

Look how frail and skinny he looked before we fattened him up and gave him TLC

Last September he injured himself the horse trailer and sliced his left leg really bad. We have been to every vet imaginable and surgeries and he just cant seem to get the lameness out of his leg. Dr. Clark Cooper and his team has been amazing and we are so thankful to have them. Maci is so upset and has cried her little heart out and she will watch her video of her barrels runs and cry some more. It is almost as if he is dead. We are trying to get her to look at the positives.
He is a monster at 16.3 hands. He was a racehorse and got him off the track. This thoroughbred was one of a kind. Everyone would always come up to her any where we would go and ask if she was scared of that tall horse. But fear was something she had none of when it come to him. He would let her do anything and everything but anyone else he would act some kind of crazy! The husband and I would just want to throw our hands up and all we had to do was get Maci to do whatever we were trying to do.  Most importantly he took care of her and for that I will ever be grateful.



As long as Maci was on or around he would be your puppy dog.



4 comments:

  1. LOVE the pink on Bentley!! LOVE the tail!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I grew up in the burbs, but always, always, always dreamed of taking horse riding lessons. I used to draw horses & beg my parents for one every Christmas. I guess i thought he could live in our back yard haha. Just looking at these sweet pictures of Maci on her horse makes me smile. That girl is so amazing to have that kind of command over that huge animal! I'm just in awe. And i feel so heartbroken for her. I know y'all do to. But hopefully in the coming days she'll see how great it is that he adores her and is her special horse. What a lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry Bentley had to be retired. I am sure she will find another horse to enjoy competing with. and at least she still has Bentley to ride

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Kelli, my heart is breaking for Maci. She is such a strong little girl and beautiful inside and out. She has more courage than I could have ever had at that age. I am so sorry that she is having to retire Bentley but she was so lucky to have such a great house for such a long time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time and stopping by, I love reading all your sweet comments they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...