This was last November but myself, Mauri, & Rhett are really missing this place so thought I would recap to get our DW fix. I think I need to set a date for in 2 years and we can do DW and Universal. Until we meet again.......
It was all over in simply one fast moving week.....
I was nervous about the kids flying I was afraid that their ears would go crazy and we would have 3 crying kidos on our hands but to my surprise they did Great and loved it! Little did I know That was going to be their favorite part of this vacation...Yes flying! If I would have known this I could have sent them over to my brother-n-law Seth whom is an Ag pilot. Now you talk about cheap vacation that would have been ideal!
We stayed in our timeshare inside Disney and we loved it. Bonnet Creeke Resort is the only place we will stay when we go in the future. It made my kids feel like they were in a home instead of small cramped hotel. Our first stop was Magic Kingdom and with all the people I thought and this is the least busiest time of the Disney season???? But it wasn't to bad as we made our way down Main Street to Cinderella's Castle which had a Princess performance going on stage. Mauri of course was in Princess heaven right then and there. We then came across Alice at the tea cups so before we rode we had to say hello. Minnie and Mickey own houses were amazing to the kids well not Maci she thought she was to grown for this whole experience. Meeting Mickey and Minnie was funny because Rhett loved Minnie but didn't like Mickey at all. We then took our seats for the parade that was fixing to come through. I loved the picture I got with Mauri and Cinderella's Stepmother. I don't know how it turned out that way but I just love it.
The Bakery on Main Street had these Giant red velvet cupcakes that were to die for, the kids got Mickey Mouse rice crispy treats but personally the red velvet was number 1. That evening we caught the monorail and went to Cape May Cafe for some seafood then caught the ferry to our resort.The next day we caught our bus to Hollywood Studios, where I will never forget. We just got there and as we walked in the Indiana Jones shows was starting so we crabbed our seats and all of a sudden Rhett learned up and fell, as he got up blood was everywhere. His bottom teeth went through his bottom lip and his top teeth busted his top gum's. So had to get it looked at but since they couldn't stitch the inside of the lip we just had to stop the bleeding. Remind you I was planning on getting our Christmas picture the next night at the Xmas party. I reassure you that by the end of that day all the ice cream and Popsicle made his lips feel alot better. Mauri wanted to ride the Tower of Terror and so did Maci so that was interesting I was scared for Mauri and needless to say she didn't ride it twice like Maci. Our kids were so worn out so we went to the resort early that evening (early meaning 7pm instead of midnight).
Animal Kingdom was so much fun. We loved the Lion King show and going in the Tree of Life to watch A Bug's Life. The Rainforest Cafe was so much fun, the kids were amazed and couldn't wait for every 15 minutes thunderstorm. All the Characters were dressed and ready for Christmas. It was there that I realized that I have never taken Rhett to a Zoo, yes I know! We had to leave early to go get ready for the Xmas Party.
A Very Merry Mickey's Christmas Party: The kids were pumped! Before we went to the party we caught the monorail on over to the Grand Floridian to see the Giant Gingerbread house
I got tickets to the Verry Merry Christmas party as soon as I could (7 months in advance) to reensure us that we had them. I just felt it in my heart it would put us in the Christmas spirit. We went to a cafe and got cookies and Hot Coco and danced with the Chip and Dale and even Santa's helpers. Minnie got a new Christmas party dress this year so we had to go and see it. The fireworks were amazing and watching them on Main Street while it was Disney Snowing was perfect. Following was a Christmas parade where the kids got to see Santa. Everything was decorated and ready for Christmas everywhere you looked there was Christmas throughout Disney World.
Our last day, Epcot was fun to see the different countries and experience the food. The favorite ride at Epcot was Soarin'. The boat ride was another favorite because of course with the farming involved it was neat to see what the Orlando Ag department was growing in the neat ways they were discovering. The discovery centers were another great thing for the kids. Rhett's favorite was Nemo and Crush the talking Turtle.That afternoon we went to Downtown Disney to eat at House of Blues, man it was good southern food! We did some shopping and went into the Lego place which we couldn't get Rhett to leave. This whole trip went buy so fast we didn't even have time to do everything we had intended to do so that leaves us with I guess we have to go back!
This trip was fun and glad we went when we did Maci was a little to old for Disney (That's what she said anyway) so we will come back and go to Universal. The younger too were at perfect ages! Myself and hubbs were at perfect ages also.







Oh, I absolutely LOVE Disney. It's magical and makes me feel like a kid again.
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you had a wonderful time. Loved looking at all the photos! Your gray Mickey t-shirt is adorable, by the way!
Thanks for stopping by my blog and saying "Hi." Missed ya!
Great new look! :)
Oh, how FUN!!! I want to go and take my kids SO bad!! One day....
ReplyDeleteSeriously, your kids should be modeling. You & your hubby make gorgeous babies! I l-o-v-e the pics of them in their Christmas outfits. You have such great taste!
ReplyDeleteMy fave line: "Rhett loved Minnie but didn't like Mickey at all." Haha! Right on Rhett, you heartbreaker!
That pic of him in the stroller with his sisters after busting his lips - precious, but poor thing :(
Of all the vacations my family & I took as a kid the one i remember the most is our big Disney trip after 4th grade. I don't know what it is about that place, but it brings out the best family memories. What an incredible trip Kellie!
Oh what fun! I can't wait to go to Disney World with my family!
ReplyDeletexo
Thank you so much for your sweet comment! Your family is absolutely precious! Disney vacations are the most fun and it looks like yall had a blast.
ReplyDeleteOh how much fun! Girl, I wish I would have been there with you. It really is a magical place isn't it? I can not wait until our kids are old enough to take them. I think I might have more fun then they do!
ReplyDeleteOh Wow!I am ready to go! So is Bonnet Creel Resort on the grounds? Just wondering if ya'll had to rent or car to get around.
ReplyDelete