I am a list maker so its only right for me to start with making list. I find free pintable's on Pinterest and make them my own. I found this one and loved the colors and the fact that it had boxes that can be checked off. I am currently packing for the beach. There are 4 boxes on this page so for the kids I used them for each day.
For example:
fist box= Day 1: Beach
Swim cover
Swimsuit
Flip flops
Night time outfit
PJs
Undies
next box: Day 2: Beach
Swim cover
Swimsuit
Flip flops
Night time outfit
PJs
Undies
next box: Day 3: Big Kahunas waterpark
Swim cover
Swimsuit
water shoes
Night time outfit
PJs
Undies
next box: Day 4: Beach
Swim cover
Swimsuit
Flip flops
Night time outfit
PJs
Undies
On the next page I used the boxes for going there outfit, coming home outfit, and extras.
When its time to pack I will make a copy of the list so I have the master one and will get the copy list to the kids and they can pack and check their stuff off in the boxes. They will them bring them to the table or living room rug where the next step is to pack it up in labeled zip lock bags.
I am very visual so I typed up some labels that I could put on the gallon zip lock bags. I didn't put a day because I wanted to be able to use them when I needed them and I can now just write in the day: Day 1, Day 2 and so on. You can also keep the bags and use them on another trip since all I put in them is clean clothes. Of course I use different colors for each kid. I tend to use their favorite color.
I am very visual so I typed up some labels that I could put on the gallon zip lock bags. I didn't put a day because I wanted to be able to use them when I needed them and I can now just write in the day: Day 1, Day 2 and so on. You can also keep the bags and use them on another trip since all I put in them is clean clothes. Of course I use different colors for each kid. I tend to use their favorite color.
Mauri Laken takes after me with OCD so she gets me and my system and loves it while Maci and Rhett would rather just throw everything all into one bag. Then they each have a bag for each day then they also have a bag for swimsuits. Normally I would then place these bags into their own suitcase but since we are going to the beach I have decided to use one big bin and put everything and everyone into that one tub. I will take all these bags and then throw into the gain zip lock with their name on it. When we open the big bin they can pull their giant zip lock out and all of their stuff will be in it instead of every ones mixed up. I also bring a pop up hamper wherever I go and we pop it up throw dirty clothes into it and when we go home I will take a trash bag throw all of those clothes into the big bin then into the washer when I get home.
We can only do one page at a time so we don't get overwhelmed and get all mixed up. I find for me this is the easiest way to do it. I give them one page and when they are finished with that one page and have everything packed up in bags we can move on to the next.
We can only do one page at a time so we don't get overwhelmed and get all mixed up. I find for me this is the easiest way to do it. I give them one page and when they are finished with that one page and have everything packed up in bags we can move on to the next.
I am obsessed with my Erin Condren planner and if you want to see all about it you can read about it
here. Ive also ordered my new one and cant wait for it to come in. I write down in advance al the things I need to do in my planner and this is what it looks like.
This bag is what I call my Bathroom Bag:
It stays packed all the time, the contents contain:
Shower stuff, hair stuff, blow dryer, brush, soap, teeth, deodorant, razor, you know all things involving getting ready except my makeup.
This bra and panty hard case is a must. One side is for Bras and the other has a pocket for panties. Here is another option but I think it is soft and what I like about hard case is that I don't have to worry about the wire in my bras getting bent out of shape. {No Pun intended}
I always bring these hangers because we all know there is never enough hangers in the closet where you are staying. They are so skinny and take up such little space. These will be your best friend.



Omg! It's like you were speaking directly to my OCD, organization loving heart!!!
ReplyDeleteYou are organized woman! I'm a list maker too but, I typically just write it all out. I do love the idea of keeping a master & give the kids a copy for them to pack!
ReplyDeleteYou are so organized. And I love how colorful your planner is.
ReplyDelete