Wednesday, July 2, 2014

AllStars Tournament Game 1

Mauri got nominated for Allstars and she wanted to do it so we said we would. It has been a whirl wind ever since. To and from camp to practice.
We started a double elimination tournament on Saturday. Opening ceremony was at 4 so we arrived and as soon as everyone got on the field these clouds came across and all of a sudden a storm came through so it was called off for Saturday. In order to make up game we had to play at 9 and had to be there by 8 and the place that is holding the tournament is an hour away so that means being up at 6am and leaving our house by 7am. Oh Geeze...we are not morning people!

We played Swartz and we acted like we were still asleep until the 4th inning then we came back but it only has 5 innings so we came up short. The final score was 11-7. It was 11-2 until we woke up in the 4th inning.
Bastrop Allstars 2014
These girls have worked and practiced so hard every single day 
 
Mauri started playing this year for her first time and during school ball she was 2nd base then for city ball started at 2nd but then got moved to short stop and third but mainly short stop. So when she started being catcher in practice I was like what where did this come from. She loves it and wanted to do it. I like she is way to tiny for a catcher but apparently I know nothing because she loves it and is doing really good at it. Although the equipment is big and she is small she makes it work.
 
Getting the ball back to the pitcher

 
Whew heat index 101
I know she was burning up in all that equipment but took it like a champ 

 
She has always had a tendency to not wait on it. She swings early so it doesn't go that far.
I don't know what has changed but she is finally getting it and most of the time waiting for it


and there she goes

After each game they all circle around with both teams and say The Lords Prayer
I'm thankful for that! A lot of people try and take it out and our softball girls are taking a stand. 



Even though this was a tough loss for us we still had to play another game at 3 that day.
So we had to shake it off and go grab some lunch, cool down, and get focused on the next game.
Signature

2 comments:

  1. Mauri is so pretty! And she looks like a ball player. Love that they join & say the Lord's prayer. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that my nephews teams stop and pray at the end too. I hate they lost.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time and stopping by, I love reading all your sweet comments they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...