Thursday, June 19, 2014

Happy 8th Birthday Mauri Laken




I can't even believe that's it been 8 years today that you have entered and changed our lives for the better. You are very soft and kind hearted, shy until someone gets to know you, selfless, and a rule follower. I love your huge and many hugs. You may be small and wonder why your younger brother weighs more than you but I can promise that when this age doubles you will love that your younger brother weighs more than you. So complaining that you weight 57lbs and Rhett weighs 71lbs will no longer be an issue. Now on the tallness I cant help you out, I think you are going to have my lack of height and for that I am sorry. I love that you have the kindest heart and truly care about others. You love to write letters, make cards, or doodle for others. You also have envelopes with everyone's names on them and their birthday and you fill them up and have them ready. By now you have everyone's Christmas letters done, that's how you are...advance, a planner, and OCD. You have really got into art and love all things crafty. You are still into babies and being a Mother hen to any baby that comes near. You are a peace keeper and love to have everyone all together. You're not much on going, you would rather stay at home. You're usually the one Rhett and Maci go to when they need something sibling related. They know you will help them out or get it figured out because you are the Mother hen of the bunch. Watching you with them and how you treat and react to others I know you are going to be a wonderful Mother one day. Reading is another passion of yours and the books you are into are Juney B Jones, Amelia Bedelia , Ivy and Bean, and Hedi Heckelbeck. This year has been a lot for you and you have shown you can handle breaking out of routine every once and a while. You played PeeWee school softball and received a special award for most improved. Second base was your base and you killed it. You also continued to play softball for the city then got picked for all stars. You went away to your first camp. Kings Camp isn't that far and even though I see you everyday while there due to having to pick you up and take to practice and back its still a big deal, its your first camp experience. You also received your first Valentines gift from a boy other than you Daddy and said you had your first date with him to the Angola Rodeo.  As of right now when you grow up your name is going to be Mauri Laken Hogan because you are going to marry Scout.
Your OCD of cleanliness and organization from your Mother and your drive and determination like your Daddy will take you far and as much as I would love to freeze you I know that growing up is part of Gods plan. I pray for you daily that you will be who you are today and carry those traits into the coming years. Happy 8th Birthday Darling we love you so very much.


 


 
Hope you have an awesome 8th birthday runt


Signature

3 comments:

  1. She is so beautiful! And looks just like her mama in the last picture

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so pretty!!! Happy Birthday Mauri! I hope it was a good one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time and stopping by, I love reading all your sweet comments they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...