Monday, July 2, 2012

Lesson Learned

My dad works in Shreveport so he got a camp on Cross Lake to stay during the week and he comes home on the weekends. Or if he has to work on weekends my Mom goes there. It is beautiful and peaceful there. Just look at how relaxing this looks

            The kids favorite part is to feed the ducks and see how close they can get them to come.

          We decided since it had been so HOT it would be nice to take the kids to the water park there.
                                               Maci jumped right on in and enjoyed it.

                    Mauri loved it also and stayed on the slides she went from one to the other.

Rhett wanted to go down the big slide with Mauri and Maci and I knew what a whip he so I knew he wouldnt go down it when we got up there so I explained to him that if we went all the way to the top Im not bringing him down because this fat out of shape Momma isnt walking down once I get up the 10 flights of stairs. He said he would so here we go...Once at the top and his turn he is screaming of course and the life guard was saying to take him down...uhh excuse me cant you see Im huffing and puffing Im not going down MR Lifeguard. I ploped him on the slide and pushed him down...that little rascal grabbed the side and was hangin kicking and screaming so I had to pry his fingers off and send him down all while these crazy people are giving me the worst Mom ever look. Well if they were the best Mom why didnt they offer to take him back down....thats what I thought so you can take that look and shove it. Needless to say once he got to the bottom on the slide he wasnt screaming he was actually smiling but he wouldnt go again and you best believe that was a lesson well learned.
So for now he stuck to the kiddie slides like this one

4 comments:

  1. HAHA! That's too funny! It's not but, it is! You know what I mean! I remember situations like that when my Mom would say, "No, you're doing it!" & so I did & it didn't kill me! Glad y'all are enjoying the lake & summer time fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stumbled across your blog and I seriously laughed out loud while I read this post! Good for you for walking up all those flights of stairs and sending the boy on down the slide! Looks like a fun place to be though, especially with how hot its been around here! Hope you don't mind me following your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. look at those slides! Wow! I love slides but that second one looks scary! Glad your having a wonderful fun summer!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time and stopping by, I love reading all your sweet comments they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...