I really did have good intention of getting back into blogger mode but.....then we had a very close call with Maci but thankfully God was with her again. Maci was in the middle of the 4H state how and we had a rodeo and it had rained so was a mud pit and I was freaked out I had a crazy gut feeling that she didnt need to ride but with her Daddy and her telling me she would take it slow I said ok. Turned out everything went great and Maci took 3rd. The next day she was riding Mauri's pony and was running him and she was going straight and the pony turned left she fell off and the pony stopped...I freaked and ran to them then all of a sudden the horse took off running and Maci foot was stuck in the Barrel stirrups I just put on {they are now off and took back} {breakaway stirrups don't work} SO Nick and I are running around the arena tying to get her unhung and all of a sudden she slams into the metal panels. I thought she was dead I thought it was her head then I heard this angelic noise...hurt cry. So another ambulance ride when we got to the hospital her blood pressure had dropped and she had blood in her urine. I was a basket case when they took her for xrays I had to let Nick go so I could loose it and pray. Turned out she had a bruised kidney and liver and had fluid in her lungs all from trama from the impact. Then they thought her pelvic was fractured but CT scan showed it was just hairline so it wouldn't be 3 months on crutches but 2-3 weeks. After a few days in the hospital and many liver enzyme tests we finally got a good report and got to go home. After hat how does people not believe in my Holy father?
After physical therapy she is now off her crutches and met her goal she didn't want to be on crutches for the wedding. She is lunging Bentley everyday so he will be ready when she is ready. I don't know if I can take anymore horse.
FYI: we learned you never run at horse that is why he took off if I were to walked to him he would of continued to stand there but when it is your child I just couldn't help it. God is so good and in the time off need he never left my side so why in his tome of need I sometimes leave him hanging. I got a reality check for sure that day.
Wow, I'm so glad she is okay. How terrifying!!
ReplyDeleteMauri is a trooper! Bless your heart! I would have had a heart attack! I'm am glad that you all are okay after that! Don't give up on horses, the kids are loving it. ;)
ReplyDeleteOMG! I'm so glad everything is ok now. I can't imagine what you were feeling. I don't understand how ppl don't believe in God either.
ReplyDeleteOMG!! That is scary. I am glad Maci is okay.
ReplyDeleteoh my goodness! Bless her little heart. ( and mama's too!)
ReplyDeleteHoly crap! I am just now seeing this! I'm so sorry Kelli! What a terrible, awful experience. I hope NOTHING like that ever happens again. Thank goodness Maci is okay!
ReplyDeleteoh my sweet friend. My heart breaks when I read this because I can only imagine the fear and pain you felt seeing your baby in the hospital and hurting. I know how that feels and i am just so sorry you had to go through that. I know the Lord is gracious and I am so glad you hung onto him during this time. Your right- he never left your side! So glad Maci is on the bend
ReplyDelete