After seeing
Pioneer Woman make Strawberry jam I felt that is something that I could tackle. I don't know why I thought it was would be complicated or difficult and time consuming. I knew the kids were going to be out on Spring Break so I decided that would be the perfect time. We had so much fun and discussed trying to grow our own strawberries to make jam with the next time we make it.
I did however put my strawberries into the food processor because I don't like hunk of anything I like smooth almost like jelly. I was nervous that it might be to runny that way but luckily it turned out perfect.
This finished product fit perfectly into our own little jar we made.
Yum! I have always wanted to try making jam...I may just do it now!
ReplyDeleteAllyson
http://cupcakescandycanes.blogspot.com
Awww, I love that you had the kids do it with you and decorate their jars!
ReplyDeleteI used to make preserves with my Nana - what fun memories! Yours looks delicious and I bet the kids had a blast!
ReplyDeleteI'm impressed! I would have thought it'd be hard to do, too. But it looks like the jam turned out great! We have a strawberry plant and IF it produces any fruit, I may be brave at try this, too.
ReplyDeleteMmmm, I may have to try and do this too. =)
ReplyDeleteI love the jar with the Strawberry shortcake sticker
ReplyDelete