Monday, March 12, 2012

Spring Break road trip

         We left Friday headed to Alvarado TX for a cow sale put on by Triple L Black Herefords. Mr. Bobby and everyone else who took part in putting this sale on did an amazing job.
Friday night  we visited my cousin and his family who lives 10 minutes away from where we were staying. It was good catching up and letting the kids play. Saturday morning we got up had a huge breakfast and headed to the Diamond W Arena to check out the cows and look and see which ones we were interested in. Maci had so much fun in doing the bidding for her Daddy. We came home with 4 heifers to add to our herd.
          There were so many pretty ones that I would just be doing find if I could take all. They also were selling Show Cows (cows that are halter broke and can compete in 4H) Those were my favorite but they take a lot of work and I simply can't do kids, horses, and show cows.
                                 Isn't he a beauty....he was my favorite!
After the cow sale we headed back to our hotel and got ready for the Stockyards. Our kids just love it there. While we were there I made reservations for Cattleman's Steakhouse. Highly recommend!!!
While there we went to the Rodeo at the Coliseum. There was a clown that made these precious Longhorn hats.
All in all this was an alright trip other than the fact that Mauri ended up being under the weather and so we headed back a little sooner than we wanted, we didn't get to catch up with our sweet friends like planned but I know we will be back and catch them then.
                   Farmer and I are worn out and this time changed didn't help one bit. Hoping this week will catch us up and Mauri gets to feeling better. Will be in doctor receiving shot because I don't see this getting any better, crazy sinuses.



3 comments:

  1. oh I hope Mauri is feeling better! I know how it feels to have a sick kid! The trip looks like it was fun-especially that steakhouse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my absolute FAVORITE things to do is go to cattle auctions! I always tell my husband he's a chicken cause he doesn't want to spend too much! We've been sick with sinus stuff too-me two weeks ago and husband last week. It's miserable! Hope you all get to feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that looks like such a fun family trip!! One of these days I'm gonna hide in your suitcase just so I can join y'all on one of your trips :) Hugs & best wishes to Mauri & Rhett. Hope they both get to feeling better soon! PS - i LOVE the new look of the blog; it's beautiful & perfect for Spring!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time and stopping by, I love reading all your sweet comments they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...