Monday, October 12, 2015

When life doesn't give you Apple picking near by

Then head right on over to your grocery store and pretend you are at an orchard. The kids have been wanting to make caramel apples and while we were at the grocery store we put them on our list. It's also on our Fall Bucket List.

Rhett went dove hunting with his Papaw and I get this sweet picture. He got him one
 
The girls and I loaded up, took a quick selfie that the sun added that extra radiant look, went to Subway for lunch and while there made a Grocery List and meal planned. Now that we are all full and have a game plan we head to the store to grab what we need.



The girls had specific kinds of apples they wanted. Mauri wanted Honey Crisp apples {thanks to my mom having us hooked on them} and Maci said when I think of candy apples I think of the green ones so that's what she picked out. I told Mauri there were her baskets just to pretend she was in an orchard. She was busy inspecting them making sure there weren't any bad spots or worms.

 
I have been circling and walking away from all the Pioneer Woman stuff for almost 3 weeks now but this trip I just couldn't do it. I walked away with a knife and a spatula. It was only fitting to try it out.
We had chocolate, caramel and mini M&Ms

 
Set up and ready...

The girls made their own and then made several others
 
Mauri getting her perfect and precise because she has OCD issues like her Momma 

Speaking of OCD problems...my cookie jar 


Maci loading up her apples with all of the goodies, this is my kind of girl...load them up
 
This picture makes my heart smile. I just love when we are all in one place making memories. Just girls having fun doing girl stuff. I can't help but think one day these precious girls are going to be wives and will be cooking and baking for their spouse and children.


While Maci was getting ready to go with some friends Mauri showed off her apples and by the looks of things she has been eating some

 
I just love this freckled face little punk

Maci's apples looks really good I may or may not have ate one while she was in her room getting dressed. At least I was nice and didn't eat them all

 
After this I took dropped Maci off and tried a new recipe. I cooked the Pioneer Womans Tex-Mex Fried Rice. I was delicious and will def be on our ration. I left out the bell peppers since we are not big fans and I knew the kids would be eating this so I changed spicy sausage to regular.




Signature

3 comments:

  1. He looks so proud with his dove! I love it :)
    You guys make some good looking caramel apples!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! I will have to check out that recipe. I have not gone to the super center but once since her line came out because i know it would be hard to resist.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time and stopping by, I love reading all your sweet comments they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...