I think this post needs to be one all by it self and I'm sure you will agree
We started off out day by grabbing breakfast in our hotel hopped into the cab and headed to the 9/11 Memorial & Museum. He had already purchased out tickets online ahead of time so we didn't have to stand in the long line. I knew I was going to be emotional but didn't realize just how surreal it was going to be. It was so moving and I had wished we had scheduled a whole day for this. The 4 hours we spent here didn't cover all of it. I was into the museum more so than the memorial. The museum had these touching stories with each piece and it told its story.
I would advise to pay the 6 dollars and take the headphone tour so you can go at your own pace. When you get to place you simply press the place button on the device and Robert De Niro headphone tour begins.
These are the remains of the last standing columns.
As soon as you take the escalator you are hit with these and the movement starts now. You begin to put yourself into this day on that very early morning.
I think a lot of the pictures speaks for their selves
This is another place that hit me
seeing this picture of these people and knowing they must be in a panic and escaping
Then to realize that these are those stairs that let them out
Seeing the kids and babies on this victim quilt was truly hard for us
all of these innocent people and their babies
Inside the museum you were not allowed to take pictures. That was the most touching thing of all seeing an item on display and reading or hearing their story. There were so many different stories of where they were that day or why they were there that day.
There was a silver ladies watch and the story with that was she was late for work and her husband gave it to her for their anniversary and as she began to walk into one of the twin towers she looked at her watch to see how late she was and the tower got hit. She was very lucky to had been late that day or she wouldn't of been here.
There were so many just like that and there were ones that didn't get so lucky.
You cant go to New York and not stop to pay tribute to those whose lost their lives on that horrible day.

So awesome! I would have cried the whole time I was there!
ReplyDeleteWow so touching - I got chills looking at the pictures! Thanks for sharing! I now have NYC on my bucket list... lol
ReplyDeleteJust reading this gave me chills.
ReplyDelete