Monday, January 6, 2014

Momma has still got it

A few months ago the kids went skating for a birthday and while there I was trying to help them improve and the kids didn't really take me serious. Once we got in the car and was talking about how much fun it was and I started telling them my skating memories. The didn't to much believe me so I said right then and there that while out on break we would go and I would show them. Over Thanksgiving we didn't get to make it plans got changed. When I got a call from one of my friends who our kids love and adore other as we do we had a skate date.
As I laced up my skates I was thinking surely this is just like a bike once you do it it will come right back to ya. I couldn't let the kids think I was nervous so I took to the rink and bam Momma has still got it. Once I went around a few times and got the feel of it again I decided I would either show them my old tricks or make them laugh. It could only go 2 ways. I did it I could still skate backwards and then it was time for the Limbo and I gave it a try also. Yes we did it and beat most of the kids too. My friend and I laughed and we had the best time making memories with our children.


 
Please excuse the LSU shirts folks sometimes she just aint right...
Chas if you are ready this Don't sit at the LSU table lol
We are rivals but can love each other through it and that's what makes us





It was so much fun and I know I am going to be very very very sore but well worth it. I think I need to add this to my workout routine. I don't know why I don't take the kids more often but I think this is the starting of our skating habit.
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Looks like so much fun!! Matt & I went skating a few years ago & OMG we were SO sore after!! HAHA! It definitely works muscles that you don't work all of the time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a blast. Susan had a foster child a couple years ago and it was the first time we had been in years. it is amazing how much it comes back but boy was I swore for a couple days after it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh girl, how fun!!! I used to love to skate and you know what, it is a great workout, too! Are you feeling it today? I hope you have a stellar Monday. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! I haven't been skating in a long time! As kids we used to go every Friday and Saturday night! That was the thing to do. We don't have a skating rink local any more. I need to take my son to skate. I bet he'd have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time and stopping by, I love reading all your sweet comments they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...