School is fastly approaching and I'm not ready I wish school didn't start until the Tuesday after Labor Day. How great would that be? Since I am an OCD Organization junkie I have to get things in some kind of order or else I will be in derailed of the Krazy Trains tracks.
While doing some searching on new fun things I came across a blog that just said Im what your looking for. So check it out here. When I saw this project I knew it was for me and it looked fairly easy. I already had the sandwich boxes on hand so I grabbed them and threw out the ones with missing lids. While Maci was in cheer practice I skipped out and went to Walmart to grab what the chalk paint.
I wanted to buy the cheapest brush possible because I knew in this case it didn't matter so I went with a sponge brush. I took the chalk paint slapped it on let it dry then put another coat. It is still wet so I'm letting it dry then I will put it to the test. I even used the Wal-Mart bags my stuff came in to lay on the counter just incase I had an ooops Why waster a Hefty trash bag as high as those things cost.
Im a label maker, I bet you didn't know that huh? OCD, Organization Freak yes imagine me being a label maker. I went and made my labels for the girls to put on their school supplies. Why are school supplies so expensive? Don't they realize Momma needs some Frye Boots...#justsayin
Yes that is the bone collector in Maci's labels.
We all know it couldn't be pink or girlie so I fixed her right on up.
Last year I saw an idea on Pinterest and printed out these labels and saved them so this year all I needed to do was Change teacher and grade. I stick these to zip locks bags and then all I have to do is fill in the amount and what its for. (Lunch, field trip, party, etc.)
Getting a start on my Week to relieve some of the back to school stress.
Welcome back routine, the rat race and loads and load of homework
I always like doing something a lil special and fun on the first day of school so I went straight to my handy dandy Pinterest and found this idea and printed out my labels and Bam Im ready I will put them into their backpack and when snack time comes they will find these.
Do you have any back to school traditions, tips, tricks?








You are the coolest mom! I need to come learn your organization ways, sensei lol
ReplyDeleteGirl, you are a FREAK when it comes to labels and organizing! But I bet with all you guys have going on you have to be. You best take some pictures or video of Rhett doing the muttin bustin cause I wanna see that!! I really should get one of those weekly "to do" sheets like you have-it's crazy here this week (like every other week it seems lately) and I have SO Much to do!
ReplyDeleteLook at you!! So organized. Love the chalkboard painted sandwich holders.
ReplyDeleteThose are all great ideas. I hope the first days go smoothly.
ReplyDeleteName labels can assist beneficially in bringing your child's clothing and various items back to home and you will be able to make your kids lives easier at school.
ReplyDelete