Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Take me out to the BallGame

Opening weekend for the Texas Rangers
We have been wanting to go to a Texas Rangers game for a while now and we have loved watching Josh Hamilton play for them and while the news of him leaving last year saddened our hearts we totally understood. No matter what people want to say they love and miss him too that’s why the loudest it ever got was when Hamilton would bat or come out. I stand behind him and what he said and agree 100 percent Texas isn’t a baseball town it’s a football town when the football stadiums are selling out and only 10,000 seats are filled at the baseball games what does that say Hello Peeps! He is and will be one of my faves and cant wait til his movie comes out about his struggles. Also another one of my favorite players is Albert Pujols I have loved him since he played for the Cardinals. So when we saw the schedule and saw they were playing at Ranger stadium and were playing the Angels who has Pujols and Hamilton we knew it was going to be a badass ballgame. But with the Farming started we knew we wouldn’t be able to make it but little did we knew it rained and rained and so guess what at 9pm on Thursday we got out tickets and booked our trip. Nothing like last minute road trips. 
 
My favorite picture of the day. Def a framer
 
The girls loved these tables and thought we needed these lol
Would be great for a game room
 
When I think of baseball food I think of hot dogs, popcorn, peanuts, and sunflower seeds so that's exactly what we went for. There were so many options I mean I could of totally done a food crawl if not gained 30lbs in the last year. We came upon Boomstick Hot Dog. It is as long a baseball bat and will feed a family. The kids thought it was the neatest thing since it is in honor of Nelson Cruz and we all know by their shirts they are Cruz fans. The bread is a sourdough bread and not a hot dog bun so it wasn't my favorite but it was good.
 
Josh "Hottie" Hamilton signing autographs right in front of us.
 For all those Hamilton haters they sure loved getting his autographs.
He seriously loves his fans they kept trying to make him go in because the autograph time was up but he refused and signed autographs right to the game starting.
As you can see in this pic how happy they were that he wasn't listening

 
Pujols up to bat and I knew it was going out because that's what he does best.
As he got up to bat these 2 young douche bags yelled "Pujols, your overrated!
I replied with Obvi you don't know your baseball just watch and see.
{No Im not saying I know everything about baseball I'm just saying since Pujols is my boy I know how he do}
Boy you should of seen their look and at that moment while they are giving me your a girl Bitch shut up look he knocked it out. I simply smiled and said haters gonna hate!
Then they knew they couldn't touch him while he is on fire so they walked him every other time then at the end tried him with another pitcher this time the young guns didn't say a word and there it went again out tha park homie. They don't pay him 240 million for nothing
 
Cant believe I finally got to see Pujols play :}
 
Hamilton and Mooreland talking and catching up.
I'm sure laughing about how loud the crowd is when is out.
 
Murphy, another one of my boys.
And who doesn't love some baseball pants.
I even told the Farmer I was getting him some for role play. SayWha
 
He was seriously slinging that sucker
 
Nelson Cruz.... he knocked that ball out tha park for real.
It was awesome
 
Every time the Rangers hit it out the park the fireworks off
The kids loved it

It was so much fun, now we are like when are we going back. So different from watching at home.

Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like y'all had an awesome time at the game!!! I totally get people being upset with Hamilton buuut, if people really knew baseball & believed that DFW is a baseball town, then they would also know that at the end of the day it's all a business deal & that's the way baseball go! People need to move on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love random road trips with the family! Looks like tons of fun! Lurve me some baseball pants! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I swear woman, you KILL me! Baseball pants for role play?!?! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! I'm glad you put those assholes in their places too. Showed them!! And that hotdog is outta control...but looks pretty damn good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great family picture. And those tables would look cute in a game room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you all had a great time. Kelli you ALWAYS looks so fabulous. Even at a ball game!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yall are such a cute family! I used to go to school right across the highway from the stadiu (football) and girl I dreaded football season when I was in nursing school because OMG traffic was awful. I totally agree that Arlington is a football town. Sadly! I love the Rangers anyways and go often. Have you ever been to a Ft Worth Cats game? I have a lot of fun going to their games. Look it up next time yall are in the DFW.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ranger games are my absolute favorite place to be!!! I’m glad that y’all enjoyed it. You got some adorable pictures. We haven’t tried the Boom Stick yet. That thing looks massive! They have like 3 or 4 new items this season that we’re wanting to try!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey girl! I just stumbled upon your blog & it's just so stinkin' cute!!! We're big Pujols fans. All my boys try to be #5 when baseball season comes around! I also completely agree w/ ya about lovin' me a man in baseball pants!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time and stopping by, I love reading all your sweet comments they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...